Over the weekend at the Enfield Pageant we spoke to a lot of customers who came to see us and asked their opinions about the WebShop. With the very positive responses we were getting a decision was made, Mustang Maniac will be moving with the times and the internet age. It is our intention to make your parts ordering as simple and efficient as possible. In order to do that we are going to transition all our sales over to our WebShop ordering service. This is for a number of reasons;
- We are increasing our already extensive current Classic Mustang stock levels, as well as stocking some of the more common parts of the recent model Mustangs.
- When you click on the WebShop what you see “Currently in stock” that means we have that item on the shelves, no need to call us and check. The stock is instantly updated as soon as any item is purchased. If you ring us to ask if something is in stock, we check the item on the WebShop in exactly the same way as you do.
- The WebShop staff does not answer the phone as they are busy getting the daily deliveries ready and organising the stock. If they were to answer the phones, the deliveries could be delayed which isn’t acceptable for our customers. For instance today we have had 274 missed calls and the day isn’t over yet (4.30pm as we start to prepare this post). We missed the calls due to the fact that we had a big container delivery with three fully loaded pallets inside. All of those stock items have to be loaded onto the system to update the availability. Each item is then stored in location which could easily take a couple of days. That’s not an excuse, we are just realistic about the priorities at the time. If you have seen all of our stock locations then you will know what a big undertaking it is.
- Adam is now spending more of his time fixing, restoring, collecting, delivering and buying cars.
- Customers are ringing to ask how to do repairs and what parts they might need. Obviously this is virtually an impossible question to answer without seeing the car or even seeing the problem. To help with this we recently set up an email service which has been doing very well so far. Adam is often answering the emails in the evenings or where ever he is around the world at the time (literally). Please by all means send in your emails with pictures of the problem and as much detail as possible and we will do our best to get you the parts you need, even if you don’t know what you need. It’s so much easier than trying to explain it on the phone.
- No more messing around taking payments over the phone, the WebShop is fully automated.
- Order your parts where ever you are, sitting on a bus, train, or in a cafe having a coffee.
- Order day or night when it suits you, rather than being tied to our opening hours to place an order.
However, Mustang Maniac fully appreciates that you may not find exactly what you are looking for on the much bigger and new improved WebShop, We are pleased to say that we have also had limited number of the Scott Drake 2016 Retail Catalogues delivered to us this week, so if you wish to order a copy of the catalogue, email us via the WebShop and we will post one out to you while stocks last. The other much quicker alternative is to download the catalogue which will be added to the WebShop as soon as we can get it updated, hopefully by the end of the week. In the meantime you can get it first from our blog and download the PDF from the “Download” menu above, or click the icon below to view the full catalogue PDF. This is a large download of 43mb so please be patient.
The office phones will not be redundant, they will be used for booking in the cars for a service, accident repairs, full restorations or part restorations etc. all of which by their very nature require a conversation prior to the vehicle arriving at the workshops.
We have had some calls to ask about the standard postage charges we use. One example is we were even asked if we can “nip down to the post office and post them to me so it makes it cheaper”. Unfortunately this isn’t a viable option for our business, by the time we drive to the Post Office which is six miles down the road, register the package and pay the postage you would only save about £3. That’s without our time and effort we could be putting too much better use elsewhere and all for a part that costs much less than the cost of the postage.
Most people already know this, we have various options to help out our customers who do not wish to pay the postal charges that we pass on to our customers;
- Make arrangements to call in and pick it up from our office.
- Make your own arrangements to have the parts collected and delivered to your location of choice.
- Rather than ordering the small amounts, order a larger package with couple more parts which would still cost the same, oil filter or spark plugs perhaps?
We are more than happy to do any of the above for you. We are confident that this will make things much easier for you to order what you need, and to get in contact with us. We do listen to you and hope you like the new process as it comes fully into operation. A big thanks to everybody who put up with our questions at the show.
A Mid Week Treat
We had seen this video clip posted on our Facebook page, it’s only a few seconds long but it’s well worth a look. We are sure that you will be singing the song after you have watched it. Janette Semerdjian is Australian and owns this very nice 1965 Coupe which had been converted to a right hand drive.