We’ve been back for a couple of weeks now and it already feels like the Christmas Holidays was a long few months ago, or is it just us? First up we need to address the few emails and Facebook posts we have had over the holidays. We did post on all of our customer interactions that the WebShop would be closed for the stock take. Apologies to those that didn’t see our updates although it was on the front pages. We are now fully back up and running with all new orders back orders completed and we’re back to normal, well as normal as can be based on the Royal Fail strike scenario. The Gift Vouchers we had sold prior to Christmas have started to be redeemed which we are pleased about and so are the customers. The instant voucher print at home process has been a popular hit according to our feedback, so a big thank you for the support. Once we completed our stock take we had some odd items which have been added to our “Sale Items” page with some bargains to be had, once they are gone, they are gone. These sale items are not just the for classic first gen cars, but also all the way up to the latest 2015+ models too.
We have been working on the ’65 Ranchero where the front end has been repaired and given a coating of the stock red lead oxide paint.
We are looking at the floor rust worm issue either to repair or a complete replacement, we are thinking the later would be the best option. We have all the sheet metal work in stock so it’s not a case of we can’t replace the metal, we can a number of times over in fact. It’s a balancing act of our time and effort verses cost and ease of installation.
While the Ranchero was drying from the red oxide coats and just for a change we revisited ‘The Wolf’ project. and started to put a few more bits onto her.
Taking the cover of gave us the wow factory again and that tells us we are going the right direction with the build.
We have been asked if the car has a paint defect in some of the older pics we posted. The answer is no, what you are in fact seeing is a very subtle pair of stripes we had painted on, not vinyl. In certain lighting conditions you can see them clearly as in the pic below.
We have been experimenting with a couple of options for the resto mod parts of the car.
So parts look good, some didn’t look like what we had in mind when we opened them. But, trial and error is the way we are looking at this build.
The end result will be something that has not been done before and in a couple of instances has left Yogi to sit in solution mode for something that sounds very simple.
We have had some non Mustang cars in for a little TLC which we look after for our most loyal customers, but we won’t be posting those on here.