We hear a lot about barn finds and we have had a few ourselves with the ’87 Dodge Shelby Charger (click here). This time we don’t have a car, but we do have a lorry load of parts instead. There are full sets of wheels, convertible roofs, covers, engine parts, old distributors, upgrade distributors, water pumps, carpets, lots of NOS parts in their boxes, chrome manifolds, NOS fittings, door parts, tyres, original centre consoles, body panels, body skins, fast back folding shelves, filters, hub caps, in fact just too much to mention. We will need to do a full inventory of all the parts which will take us a good while to find out just what we have got. But, we will post them on the website for sale when we sort it all out. We have attached a few pictures so you can see what we have and how it came back to us. As we were unloading these a customer came to look at their car and saw the hub cabs and bought a set from us there and then, not even cleaned in fact, they were looking for a genuine set so they took them home – sold as seen. Other parts have also been sold, we have used a few of parts on the cars we have been looking after as the owners want the original parts where possible.
We would like to point out that the dust you see in the pictures is not from the Sahara sand storms we have been having recently, but from the dust from the storage of this vast amount of stock. We have a pretty good idea of what is there now, but just haven’t loaded it to the system inventory yet. You can always give me or Beth a call, better still an email if there is something you look the look of from the pictures. The Concours fans I expect will be interested in what we have here.
We have also started the strip down on the underside of the ’66 Coupe restoration. The owner has started the painful process of removing the tar, bitumen, under-seal, oil, grease, paint and just about anything else that has stuck to the bottom for the last 48 years. The car has had some new floor pans fitted which look OK at the moment but the welding is not very good. We will redo some parts of that again and grind of the parts that aren’t too bad. The removal is a case of doing bits at a time, using chemical paint strippers, scraping knives, wire wool or just about anything that will get the stuff off. Some of the improvised tools work with the proper tools. A fair amount of progress was made as well as few pairs of gloves being used as well. We have uncovered the reason why the seat belt anchor bolts wouldn’t come off as they were welded onto the bolts, it did look like it was just under seal all over it to start with. Not sure why it was done, I dare say there was a reason at the time.
We have had a slight change to the Logo at the top of the page which now looks so much better. Thanks to the guys for sorting that out for us, so much better than the white box around it.