The start of the year has been a little bit of a wash out regarding the outside expansion work we wanted to do. But we have found space that wasn’t filled up with Mustang parts, but it is now! The roof space of one of our buildings has had a little conversion to it and John has been busy reinforcing the floor to take the weight, not that its that heavy the stuff we are storing there, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. It’s doesn’t pay to be tall up there as the roof is quite low, that’s why there are chairs up there, and a kettle, and some tea bags, so I am told anyway! Pleased with the extra space we have promptly filled it up and now have an additional place to sit and have a cuppa on the cold winter days picking the stock, without having to go to the office.
We have had a ’67 Mustang Coupe customer car in this week that was shipped over from the USA, the car was reported to have some issues with the shock tower. We inspected the tower and confirmed that the tower did indeed need replacing, like pretty urgently in fact.
While we cut the tower out we also noticed the battery tray was also not the best as it just had a plate welded to some rotten metal, so we recommended that being changed as well. It was a good piece of plate but not much use when the metal it’s attached to falls to bits.
I our eagerness just before the end of the year we posted a superb example of a BMW that was used by a foreign embassy we forgot to post a couple of pictures of the inside boot area that hasn’t been used from what we can tell. The engine runs like a dream and only has some tiny weathering to it, other than that it looks like new. So here are the missing pictures: